Submission Preparation Checklist
All submissions must meet the following requirements.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The text adheres to the stylistic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Citations and references conform to the APA 7th edition guidelines.
- The text uses 1.5 line-spacing; uses a 12-point font
- all illustrations, figures, and tables are provided as separate files.
- The main submission file is in Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The author has read the Journal copyright, licencing and privacy statements and understands that making a submission will be taken as acceptance of these arrangements.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided. Journal DOI numbers must use the prefix https://doi.org/
ArticlesSection default policy
Material published in the Journal is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. This means that the article may be shared freely, provided the source/author is clearly acknowledged and no changes are made to the text. Authors may share their final published version of the article on their own website or institutional repository. We ask that this is done by sharing the article weblink (not the pdf), as this will raise awareness of the Journal among potential readers.
By submitting an article, authors agree to the following terms:
1. In submitting an article, the Author hereby grants to NICEC the exclusive first publication right to the paper submitted by him / her for inclusion in the publication named above and the non-exclusive rights thereafter to publish and authorise the publication of all articles and all parts, adaptations and abridgements thereof in all forms and media throughout the world.
2. In consideration for the above grant of rights, and subject to delivery of acceptable material, NICEC hereby undertakes to prepare for publication and publish the paper unless prevented by circumstances beyond its control.
3. The Author agrees that NICEC may make minor changes to areas such as formatting, spelling, referencing, layout or punctuation, to ensure quality and uniformity of style.
4. NICEC agrees that the Author may share the final published PDF of their article (e.g. publication to the Author’s web profile, or institutional repository).
5. The Author warrants to NICEC that in respect of the paper submitted: (i) it does not infringe any existing copyright or licence; (ii) except where the Author, at the time of submission of the paper, notifies NICEC, the paper is original; (iii) the Author has the full power to make this assignment and that this assignment does not infringe the rights or licence of any other person, and that where there a co-author, the co-author also fully agrees to the terms in this document; (iv) the paper contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful and no information has been obtained in contravention of legislation currently in force (v) submission of the paper demonstrates acceptance of all these conditions.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. As a United Kingdom based publisher, UK data protection legislation will apply.